The St Peter’s Parents’ Association (PA) is a voluntary group of parents, elected annually, who represent the parents of both the Girls and Boys schools. Following a rigorous process and having consulted the entire parent body, the separate Girls and Boys PAs were amalgamated at the beginning of 2015 to provide one united body, which we believe will best serve the two schools.
Our aim is to build our parent community and provide positive support to the school through the funds we raise and the projects we initiate, and we encourage all families to participate. We use funds generated from various events to contribute towards projects not ordinarily covered by the schools’ capital budget, for the benefit of pupils and staff. We also donate a portion of our fundraising to our community partnership projects, which benefit those less fortunate.
The main social events organised by the PA include:
- The hugely popular Staff Variety show, which showcases the talents of our incredible staff
- The equally popular ladies’ lunch, which is held on alternate years and gives the St Peter’s moms the chance to let their hair down
- The annual St Peter’s golf day
- The annual movie night, where children enjoy an inflatable park by day and a big-screen outdoor movie by night
- The St Peter’s Mile, the School-to-School Walk/Run and the St Peter’s Cycle Challenge – which together form the St Peter’s Iron Man – for our young athletes and their families to enjoy together
Over the years the PA has been responsible for many additions to the school campus, which include:
- The Keys and Mvukuzane pavilions
- The school shop
- Cricket nets
- Seating and shading around both swimming pools and various sports fields
- Royce Hall Kitchen
- Sound and equipment in Royce Hall
- Dodson hall refurbishment
- Golf carts for use by sports and catering staff across the campus
- Traffic lights on Witkoppen Rd
- Agility wall and slide at the Boys Junior Prep (and something exciting to come in the new Girls Junior Prep!)
A very important part of the PA is the Entertainment Committee (EC), which manages the class reps who play the crucial role of liaison between the parents of their class and the teacher. Class reps recruit volunteers for various events, provide TLC for children or parents who are dealing with a major event, arrange social gatherings in their class or grade and generally facilitate the social involvement of the parent body for which St Peter’s is renowned.
The PA is elected annually at the AGM, which is held in the first term. Please contact any member of the PA if you would like to get involved.