St Peter's Prep Schools Family Soccer Day Was Fun for All
Our very first St Peter's Family Soccer Day was held on Saturday, 15 July. Nearly 400 St Peter's families came together to celebrate the ‘Beautiful Game’.
The children, and many adults, were entertained and amazed by Drumkit, the beat-boxer, as well as Philani Gumede, the freestyle ball juggler. To top that off we had South African Soccer Legends: Mark Tovey, Doctor Khumalo, Andre Arendse, Shaun Bartlett and Stanton Lewis joining in the afternoon of fun!
These soccer legends patiently interacted with the children and the parents and autographed everything from soccer balls, soccer shirts to soccer boots.
Over 100 girls took to the field and many realised that soccer might even become their sport of choice! More than 300 boys showed off their skills and demonstrated the joy that comes with playing soccer. The afternoon ended with the great Dads vs Dads and Moms vs Moms matches!
Behind the scenes, making this the successful event that it was, were:
- The Prep Schools Heads: Greg Royce, Rob Macaulay, Darrel Webb and Vijay Maharaj (who joined in to help despite having hectic flu)
- The Sport Departments: led by Barry Detert, Craig Jooste and Liz Ashmore
- Other committee members: Quintin Tovey, Susan Wolfenden, Monica Sloane, Cathy Page and Mahlatse Ramoriting
- The Grade 7 Fund Raising Committee who sold delicious food
- Claudia Parbhoo, the amazing co-chief organiser, thank you for all the help and support – a job well done!
- All the parents who volunteered to help on the day
Thanks to everyone that attended and for making this such a special and successful event.
See you at the next kick-off!