History

St Peter’s is an independent, Anglican, Diocesan family of schools consisting of a boys preparatory school, a girls preparatory school (Grades 0 to 7) and a co-educational college (Grades 8 to 12).

1948

Mr Stanley Dodson retires as Headmaster of St John’s Prep School, Johannesburg, to his small farm, Rietfontein, situated in open country 25km north of Johannesburg.

1950

St Peter’s Prep School opens its doors to its first 12 pupils on Rietfontein farm.

1959

Negotiations are completed with the Diocese of Johannesburg for St Peter’s to become its second Anglican boys’ school.

1962

Mr Dodson retires for the second time in his career. There are 180 boys in the now well-established, highly respected school.

1998

Initiated and driven by the St Peter’s Boys' parents and supported by the Council, St Peter’s College is opened in Sunninghill on 14 January 1998. This initiative is in response to an increasing shortage of independent co-educational high schools in the Sandton area and the need to provide education appropriate to the changing local and international environment.

2006

St Peter’s Girls Prep School is opened, in the former boys’ boarding establishment, on the same campus for Grade 0 and Grade 1 pupils, growing to full strength at Grade 7 level in 2012. Trish Attlee is the founding Headmistress of the Girls School.